Camberley Physiotherapy is pleased to announce the following special offers for all patients existing or new:
- 'While you wait for your NHS appointment'. Any patient waiting for an NHS physiotherapy appointment may purchase a full assessment and 1 follow up session for £85. This represents a saving of over 10% and can start you on the road to recovery immediately.
- Home visits. We are very happy to visit you for immediate treatment in your own home at a time to suit you if you have trouble getting to our clinic. There will be a small surcharge for this to cover travel.
- We now have even more appointments available for you during the day, at evenings and weekends to suit you.
- Women's health physiotherapy. Rome our women's health specialist is very happy to see you for all problems related to pain on passing urine, increased frequency, incontinence, pain around the back or pelvic region, pre and post natal problems. Please contact us for a confidential, friendly chat about how she can help.
- Remember we are also registered with all the major insurance companies. Please phone or contact us for any further details.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Shoulder problems are extremely common and we see a lot at Camberley Physiotherapy. The shoulder is a complex joint actually comprising of 4 separate "joints". Problems can be frequently linked to your age. Younger or sporty people can often pinch tendons in the shoulder due to overuse or muscle imbalances that have an impact on the movement in the arm. A sportsperson who uses the shoulder a lot can develop pain due to restrictions of joints further down "the chain" for example a stiff upper back or even hip. Shoulder pain typically refers down the upper arm but rarely into the hand, localised pain in the top of the collar bone can often mean damage to the joint where the collar bone attaches to the shoulder blade. Another problem that can affect the young is dislocation. This really needs to be managed appropriately because shoulders coming "out" can cause joint laxity and recurrent dislocations. Clicks or clunks in a sporty shoulder can mean a torn or damaged labrum- the tissue round the ring of the shoulder socket.
Non Specific Back Pain
Low Back Pain
Back pain is a very debilitating condition affecting one third of the adult population at any one time. Back pain is rarely serious and usually triggered by posture or the way we move. It is called "Non-specific" when there is no identifiable cause. The pain is typically in the back or buttocks but can refer down the legs. Pain that goes down the legs isn't always sciatica; it can be coming from other structures in the back.
Although it is very unpleasant and can be frightening, the best advice is to keep as active as possible, try simple pain relief such as paracetamol or ibuprofen. Many people find heat helps but you can try cold packs as well. Physiotherapists are ideally suited to helping people deal with back pain, we can assess you to rule out anything that needs further investigation. We can also give you advice and exercises and people often find some manual therapy helps.
Remember, keep as active as you can and this will help you recover quicker!
New web site goes live
Our newly updated web site has gone live. Tell us what you think.