To the Camberley Physiotherapy and sports injury clinic. "Our aim is to get you better and keep you that way". We will do this by a combination of hands on therapy, specific exercises and advice.
Established in 1997 and attached to the Upper Gordon Road Surgery we have a large purpose built treatment area plus additional private rooms.
All of our highly experienced staff are HCPC registered (Health & Care Professions Council) and members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
The service is committed to providing you with the help you need to get you fully functioning and back to full health. Injection Therapy is available for those who may require it. See the Treatments Section for further details.
For specific sports, we can also give advice on training and exercises. We offer Pilates Classes, have a podiatry service and a sports massage service.
Our specialist areas include:
- Post-operative Rehabilitation
- Joint mobilising and manipulation
- Acupuncture for pain relief
- Back pain management
- Injection Therapy
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Soft tissue treatment
We treat a wide range of conditions and people of all ages including but not limited to:
- Neck and Back problems - Including whiplash and sciatica and chronic back pain.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
- Sports Injuries - Acute injuries as well as rehabilitation back to your chosen sport.
- Sprains and Tears - To muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Arthritis and joint wear and tear - including steroid injections where appropriate.
- Headaches - Sometimes headaches are due to joint stiffness and soft tissue tightness. If this is the case, we can treat you.
- Shin Splints
- Shoulder problems
- Knee and hip problems
- Tennis elbow and golfers elbow
- Post-operative Rehabilitation - We have strong links with local orthopaedic consultants and are happy to rehabilitate you after your surgery.
- Gait abnormalities and foot deformities -see section on podiatry
All our clinicians take an holistic approach. We will give you a full assessment and then work to correct your movement patterns at home, work and during sport. Some of the treatments we use are:
- Joint Mobilisation and Manipulation
- Soft Tissue Treatment - including: Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release, Transverse Friction Massage and Sports Massage.
- Posture and Ergonomic and Sports Advice
- Post-operative rehabilitation for all orthopaedic procedures. We have strong links with local orthopaedic consultants.
- Acupuncture for pain relief
- Core Stability
- Injection Therapy - We are pleased to announce that we have a physiopherapist qualified in injection therapy. This utilises a steroid and local anaesthetic to quickly alleviate pain and inflammation, and can be a powerful tool in managing musculoskeletal aches and pains.
- Back Treatments - We offer 1 to 1 treatments for people with back pain, or alternatively you could attend our Pilates Class (please visit our Pilates web page for further details).
- Gait analysis, lower limb problems and foot deformities - Our podiatrist will give advice and specialised insoles where appropriate.